Motorcycle Gifts UK is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. Our company is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), in order to make transparent our data handling practices, and complies with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) effective from May 2018.
Good information handling makes good business sense. By doing this we believe we will enhance our business’s reputation, increase customer and employee confidence, and by making sure personal information is accurate, relevant and safe, save both time and money.
Our organisation act as a Data Controller as we keep or process information about living people and must comply with certain important rules about how we collect and use personal information.
Lawful Basis for Processing
Our firm must have a valid lawful basis in order to process a person’s data and be able to demonstrate the processing of data is “necessary” in order to provide our products and services. There are six lawful bases.
Our organisation process on the basis of the following:
CONTRACT - We may have to process information to fulfil our contractual obligations to provide a quotation, or act as credit intermediary when providing a finance agreement or provide a warranty. In this instance the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract. LEGAL OBLIGATION - We may have to check data against the HMT Sanctions List which is a legal obligation or process information for health and safety reasons. In this instance there is a legal duty regarding health and safety. LEGITIMATE INTERESTS - In many instances the processing is necessary, for example to arrange a Finance Plan acting as a credit broker, carry out a Customer Survey Report. CONSENT - We ask people to positively opt in if they want to receive further information on an alternative product or service that we market separately.
We do not process special category data.
Collection of Information – Your consent
We may collect personal information from you if you provide it voluntarily. If you do provide personal information to use, we will assume that you have read this Privacy Notice and have consented to us using your personal information in the ways described in this Policy and at the point where you give us your personal information. If, after providing us with personal information, you later decide that you do not want us to use it for particular purposes, then please write to us at the address shown.
Collection of your Information. What information do we collect and when?
We may collect and process the following data: Full details of the purchases you make on our website, through our mobile apps and in our outlets. These include the time, date and location of purchase; the things you buy from us; any vouchers, discounts or other alternative means of payment you may use, as well as relevant payment cards such as a credit or debit card; Any gift card or other unique identification numbers we may issue to you from time to time; Information you provide to us by filling in our forms; Information on what you view, click on and access in and through our marketing emails and text messages, websites and apps. We also collect this information when you use our WiFI networks to access the Internet. We may collect the time and geographic location of your device when you do so. For websites, this information may also include where you came to our outlet from, and where you went when you left it. We also track how often you visit and use our websites and mobile apps. Information collected through correspondence with our Sales and/or Customer Relations teams; Information you provide to us through the recruitment process; Information you provide to us in order to register for alerts; Your social media content where this is in the public domain. This information can include posts and comments, pictures and video footage; Statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns for the administration of your application for employment; Profile information and insight from organisations that already hold information on you, such as credit reference agencies and “customer insight companies”. They give us their views on your household, your status, as well as your possible preferences and behaviours.
We may require you to submit personally identifiable information in order for you to make use of our services. You confirm that any information you enter or provide will be true. We will only request and collect information that is necessary or reasonable in order to provide you with your requested services and to improve the services that we provide. It will not be a requirement to provide any additional information that is not needed to provide the services.
Reasons for Collection of your Information and how we use your information
In the course of our dealing with you we may collect and process certain information about you, including your name, date of birth, address, contact details (including your email address and contact telephone number), payment details (where applicable), and other information about you in respect of which services and products may be provided. Your personal information may be used by us, our employees, contractors or agents to:
- identify you during any communication between you and us;
- provide you with our websites, mobile apps and WiFI networks;
- to power our security measures and services for example, so we can recognise your username and password, as well as reset them if you happen to forget what they are;
- assess eligibility for services and products (whether provided by us or on our behalf);
- carry out regulatory checks and meet our obligations to our regulators;
- cross reference and screen your data against the HMT Sanctions List;
- communicate with you to arrange the provision of such services and products;
- administer and provide such services and products;
- detect and prevent loss, fraud and other criminal activity;
- carry out credit reference checks;
- carry out market research and to help us review, develop and improve the services and products we offer; and understand you better and, in particular, your habits, where you are from time to time, your personal circumstances and those of your family or household, and the things you may like, dislike and be interested in. If we hold accurate information about you, we are better placed to send you tailored offers; news and information that we think you may be interested in.
- contact you (in accordance with your preferences), by post, telephone, SMS, email and other electronic means with information about products, services, promotions, and offers that may be of interest to you;
- to respond to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have raised;
- to respond to any social media posts or other public comments you make about us, our brand, websites, mobile apps, services or other activities;
- Keep legal certificates and work records relating to the services we have provided to you including details relating to:
- Warranty, maintenance and guarantee information;
- Any information which we consider may be required by the Health and Safety notice, product recall or modification;
- Industry Body Documentation and records;
- Records of Advice given;Your personal information may also be used by us, our employees or agents if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any agreement we have with or otherwise concerning you, or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties. We cannot run our business or provide many of the services and benefits you expect to receive without involving other people and businesses. We only share your information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- We share the information we collect with third parties such as:
- With whom do we share your personal information?
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose personal information held by us to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA);
- a finance lender (where applying for a finance option where we act as a credit broker);
- credit reference agencies (who may check the information against other databases, public or private to which they have access). This information may come from your interactions with us or them through applying for finance or other consumer finance product; or ascertain from the way in which the loan is administered and managed.
- Our Principal, Automotive Compliance Ltd., where we act as an Appointed Representative and where they are regulated by the FCA to ensure we maintain a high level of compliance with regards to financial promotions and treating customers fairly;
- fraud prevention agencies;
- all of our group companies and franchises, brands and outlets including new ones we might acquire in the future;
- other people and businesses who help us provide our websites, mobile apps, Wi FI networks and related services to you, for example, information technology companies who design and host our website, payment services companies who enable you to use credit or payment cards with us, and data insight specialists;
- any new business partners we may have over time, for example new franchisees, if we enter into a joint venture, reorganisation, business merger or sale of part of our business, the other party may receive some or all of your information;
- our professional advisors for example our lawyers, insurers and insurance brokers when they need it to provide advice or help us obtain insurance;
- other people who make a subject access request to us, where we are allowed to do so by law.Access to InformationTransfer of Information AbroadChange of PolicyBreach NotificationDealing with Data Protection ComplaintsIf our company holds inaccurate information, then the customer should write to our firm at the address shown providing Sam Frost with any evidence to show what the information should say keeping copies of the correspondence. If after a reasonable amount of time (28 days is recommended) the information has not been corrected, then the customer can make a complaint.
- There are two courses of action:
- We aim to comply fully with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations. If a customer has any questions or concerns regarding our company’s management of personal data including their right to access data about themselves, then they should contact Sam Frost [email protected] Tel: 07841 010038, who is responsible for ensuring our company is compliant with data protection and is the nominated data protection lead or Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- Our business has the effective processes to identify, report, manage and resolve any personal data breaches.
- We may occasionally change the Privacy Notice to reflect customer and company feedback. Any changes will be shown on this page.
- We will not transfer your personal information outside the EU without first obtaining your consent.
- The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information held about you. You also have the right to ask for inaccuracies in information to be corrected. Any access request is not subject to a fee unless the requests are unreasonable in which case a fee may be charged and will be disclosed at the time of request. A copy of the information held about you by us can be requested by writing to us at the address shown.
- In connection with the above purposes, your personal information may be transferred to, or otherwise processed by third party service providers acting on our behalf, our agents and law enforcement authorities (including the police).
- Contact the DPO to process the complaint.
- If the customer is still dissatisfied, they can go directly to the Information Commissioner, the independent body that oversees data protection and the GDPR. They can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or their website is ico.org.uk.